Have a wedding around the corner? Or have to look impressive for your next interview? But, unfortunately, your pimples don’t let you look flawless. If you too are totally frustrated with those unwanted tiny relatives bursting out every now and then and are looking for reliable home remedies, you have landed up just in the right place. Here are some of the best natural ways to fight pimples.
Let’s get started…
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Being alkaline and comprising of powerful anti-bacterial and antifungal properties, apple cider vinegar can be a powerful enemy for those unwanted zits. It helps balancing the pH levels of your skin, which in turn makes bacteria difficult to survive.
- Prepare a solution of apple cider vinegar and water with 1:3 ratio.
- Wash your face and pat it dry.
- Apply the diluted solution directly on your pimple with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash your face again with normal water.
Repeat the process twice a day. If your skin turns dry, apply a moisturizer. Remember for best results, always choose undiluted and pure vinegar.
2. Baking Soda
Cheap and natural, baking soda can do wonders for your skin, even if it’s sensitive. With almost nil harmful ingredients, baking soda clears your skin by exfoliating it and reducing inflammation.
- Combine baking soda and water to form a paste.
- Wash the affected area with water.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash the dry paste with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer if needed.
While using baking soda, keep in mind not to leave on the paste for more than 30 minutes. This could eventually make your skin dry.
Like apple cider vinegar, garlic too consists of anti-bacterial properties that make it as one of the best natural ways to fight pimples. These anti-bacterial properties assist in curbing the growth and remove pimples. Here’s how to use garlic for your pimples.
- Soak 2-3 garlic cloves in water for around 15 minutes.
- Apply the diluted solution directly on your pimples.
- Leave it for around 15-20 minutes.
For better results, you can also add aloe vera gel. Consuming garlic daily can also help further pimple breakouts.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Penetrating through your extra sebum, tea tree oil works perfectly like a solvent. It also helps unblocking pores, remove dead cells, reduce redness and further inflammation, thus caused by pimples.
- Mix one part of tea tree oil with six to nine parts of water. This completely depends on how strong you want the mixture to be.
- Using cotton balls, apply this diluted solution directly on your affected areas.
- Leave it for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with normal water.
If required, you can also apply moisturizer post the process.
5. Aloe Vera
Containing Auxin and Gibberellins, aloe vera has dynamic skin-healing properties, which not only help in removing the pimples but also helps in fading their marks. Also being a natural astringent, aloe vera helps in keeping skin pores clean. Due to these and many more incredible rejuvenating properties, aloe vera is highly ranked as one of the best natural ways to fight pimples.
Having thus said, let’s check out how to use it.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it open with a knife.
- Using a spoon, extract the gel from it.
- Take a Q tip or a cotton ball and apply the gel to your affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
- Next day, wash your face with normal water and pat it dry.
Aloe vera gel can be stored for up to three weeks. Simply, extract the gel from several leaves in an airtight container and refrigerate it.
Honey is one the most common antibiotics that can be found in every household and is also one of safest natural ways to fight pimples. Its magic lies in the fact that it not only helps in removing pimples but also helps in keeping it healthy due to its hydrating properties.
- Apply honey on the pimples.
- You can either keep it overnight or leave it for up to 60 minutes.
- Rinse your face with normal water.
From helping to reduce inflammation and dead cells to preventing pus, papaya is loaded with skin healing properties, due to which it’s highly used in skin care products. However, the good news is you too can avail its benefits without spending cash! Check out how.
- Mash up a papaya to attain a generous consistency.
- Rinse water on your face.
- Pat it dry.
- Apply the papaya paste to your skin.
- Keep it for around 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face off.
Following the wash, if your skin feels dry, apply moisturizer.
Apart from following these some of the best natural ways to fight pimples, it is also advisable to keep a check on your schedule and diet. Some of the daily yet easy-to-follow tips that can further prevent the production of pimples include the following.
- Try to avoid stress as much possible. Studies have shown that stress can actually have negative impacts on your skin. A stressed body further stimulates your glands, managing sebum, to produce more oil, which in turn leads to the production of more pimples.
- If you are a makeup person, always make sure to remove your makeup properly before going to sleep. Also, instead of using oil-based products, switch to water-based ones. Oil based ones can clog your skin’s pores, which in turn leads to outbreaks of bacteria.
- Make sure to include a healthy diet that includes lots of veggies and fresh fruits. Also, make sure to keep your system hydrated by including 10-12 glasses of water per day.
- Get sufficient sleep, while trying to maintain at least 8hrs per night.
In short, follow a healthy and a stress-free lifestyle and your skin is bound to look healthy and happy.